I have also worked with organisations facilitating social change such as the Canadian Research Data Centre Network, and volunteered with The Centre for Community Organizations in Montreal. Between 2000 and 2012, I took leading roles in several grassroots initiatives for a fairer and better web though work on best practices, standards and accessibility. I was the founding editor of Web Standards Sherpa.
- 2000: evolt.org, MACCAWS, W3C Quality Interest Group
- 2002—2006: Web Standards Project (WaSP): Learn, WaSP Asks W3C, Education Task Force
- 2006-2008: WaSP International Liaison Group (co-led with Glenda Sims)
- 2008-2009: WaSP InterAct curriculum, Open Web Education Alliance
- 2011-2012: Web Standards Sherpa